Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Update

Sorry people. I've been horrible with keeping this blog up. I almost forgo what email I used to create the account. How lame am I?



Well for all you screaming fans here is the scoop.



My new address (for the next 6 weeks) is: 317 Lamprecht Hall Rexburg, ID 83460.



SO I've totally kept everyone in the dark for forever. I have a boyfriend!!! Yeah. We've been dating since May 17. His name is Tyler Castaldo. He is an RM.He served in the Phillipines and regularly speaks in the language he learned which is Tagalog. Its so confusing. I have no idea what he is saying half the time. He is a big Avalanche fan (HOCKEY TEAM OF COLORADO). He hates the Red Wings. To him they are the evil empire. I hope that that isn't a problem (bro. mott lol). His favorite band is Lifehouse. He is the youngest of three....way different position then the oldest of six lol. It was interesting watching him trying to talk to his cousin's little boy at his family reunion. His Bro is awesome and hilarious. It's great fun to play games with him...Big fat cheater ;). He flys planes on missions by remote control...so far as I know. His older sister is named Jami. She is pretty cool. I shared a room with her while we were up there. I was banished to the top two floors until the boys woke up each day. Good but irritating if I left things down in the basement.



His mother and father are really nice. They both have awesome spirits about them. (Not liquor...you know the kind I'm talking about). His dad is an awesome cook. His birthday was on the 23rd. And his mom is so sweet. She made a blanket for me for my birthday. Jami made me this cool funky scarf. Tyler gave me a CTR ring (dark purple sparkly background)...but he forgot that we wear almost the same ringsize so he made a mistake and ordered a size 6 lol so he just sent it back today to get it resized. So I will have to post pictures later.



I'm staying up here for the seven week break in between the semesters. So that means I work at the bakery 8 hours a day from 4 am to 10:30 am (including breakfast break). I so need to go work out....yuck,...the galley food is just so good lol. But it is fun working in the mornings. I get to work with Sean Kelly and Curtis. They are the full time bakers in the morning. And they are so funny. We have water and dough fights all the time. I win of course. It is alot of fun. Other than water and dough fights I do actually work. I fry donuts. That is my main job. But after I'm done with that I bak breads and make desserts and package orders.



Tyler works in the galley at 3:30 to 10. So it is pretty hard for us to see each other. But we try to make the time we do have with each other worth something. Its fun because he sometimes cleans the fryers in the galley. So know he knows somewhat of how I feel after work since I clean the fryer I use every day. So it really sucks...I go home smelling of sweat and grease. I swear that I'm beginning to smell like grease all the time.



Other than work I'm trying to use my time wisely. So far its not working. I need to go to the gym and fill out my application for Jerusalem. OH YEAH!!! For all of you who didn't know I'm trying to get into the BYU Jerusalem Center for the winter semester. It seems like it is my one and only chance since I can't go if I'm married. And who knows what the future holds. I also wanted to get ahead in my classes for next semester (aka read the textbooks before I start the classes). YUCK!!! But it will be worth it when the semester starts if I can get it done.

My roomies are freshies so they like to break the rules and stay up all the night long. So it is hard to get a good night sleep. I have to get up at 3:20am everyday except Sunday. But they are awesome. There is Cerilyn from El Paso, TX and Megan from Arizona and Cecilia from Ohio but she is in Utah with her sister from possibly the remainder of the summer (if so then she kinda wasted about $300 for rent during the summer break since she won't be here).

Oh yeah....my birthday was pretty awesome. It felt like I was celebrating it for like a week since I was at the family reunion and it was Tyler's dad's birthday and then his uncle has the same birthday as me so it was birthday all week long. And then we got back on Saturday and then that night the school had a firework display for Pioneer day. Though I like to think it was all for me. lol. They had some new fireworks. Once they exploded the sparks stayed up in the sky and slowly drifted across the sky. It took them a few minutes to finally make it to the ground and burn out. it was awesome. Then on Sunday I went to church and made dinner and then Tyler made my cake and he also had bought me Ice cream the day before. I opened my cards (which were my favorite present). my sister had written a note inside saying that she knew that we used to hate each other but that now she couldn't imagine living without me. It was the best gift I could ever have received. Mom sent me some jeans and she had had Clayton and Jalen go in with her to victoria secret and pick out some fragrances. They picked Appletini and Mango Madness...lol nice huh. But it was cute finding out that the missed me alot and couldn't wait to see me again. They are hoping that I go up to my grandparent's 50th anniversary with Tyler so that they can see me and meet him. I'm going to try but right now it is tough.

It was nice to get calls from alot of friends on my birthday (some didn't even know why they were calling me but they felt like they needed to lol). I even got a call from my boss, Curtis. That was awesome. He is like a father figure away from home. Its nice to talk to him at work and listen to his stories.

Oh ...by the way...what is it with all of my friends getting married...? goodness.

Update to come later!!!

Love,
Chelsea

P.S. I miss you all and I cant wait to see you!!!!

4 comments:

Katie said...

I totally stink as your Aunt!
You texted me today and I didn't even say happy Birthday!
Oha man, I am so sorry!
happy Birthday!
Text me as soon as you get my package!

tom said...

Good luck with your Jerusalem application! My wife is publishing a book in a couple weeks about her experience there. You may want to check it out - A View of Jerusalem.

Again - good luck and I hope you get to go!

tom said...

So, it looks like my link didn't work. If you want to check out the BYU Jerusalem Book the site is - http://byujc.org

rebekahmott said...

Holy cow Chelsea, you are a busy girl!! I am so happy to read that you are having fun. Of course I ask about you each time I see your Mom. I am so lame about your birthday! I am sorry. We will have to go out when you come home. Are you ever going to come home? I don't blame you if you don't, college life is fun!!