Sunday, April 20, 2008

School

OK...now that the day is coming to a close there is time to write a blog. Ok so Friday I worked for the last time at Jamba Juice. it was Sara's Birthday so we sang to her. I was the only one on the front line for a long time because the leads were having a meeting in the back and my manager was doing inventory. So I had to deal with every single rush by myself....very fun...very stressful... Luckily some massage students came by to give free massages to all the customers = SCORE FOR CHELSEA!!! Get the kinks out of my back before I have to spend hours in an airplane trying not to feel sick. So after I said bye to everyone and they gave me a going away present (a recipe book for chocolate!!!) I had my massage... It was amazing. Hear the shivers of relaxation roll down my spine good. I so want to learn how to do that. Lol. ...Ok moving on.

So I Rebekah Mott picked me up from work and we had a very nice long talk about alot of things before I went to school. I packed...and packed...and repacked...trying to get each bag under 50 lbs...(I have a very big tendency to overpack) LOL. So after that....trip to the airport. Clay and Jay came with me, mom and dad. They talked my ear off cause they are going to miss me. I'll have to write them letters and stuff. So me and my mom said by and my dad and I went to check our bags...another adventure in the making. So I was a freakin' retard again and left my id in the dash of the car...didn't even realize I didn't have it. I almost wasn't allowed to go on the plane but luckily I had my social Security card and my student ID. I need to like order 5 drivers licenses and put them in a safe or something in case I lose the one I had in my wallet. Lol.

So the flight was delayed for about an hour. So me and my dad chilled and talked. It was so nice just for him to let his guard down and try to get to know this new me who is trying to grow up. He's trying to cling to still taking care of me...its kinda nice. But yeah...we got sandwiches...I tasted avacado for the first time. It was pretty good. it reminds me of what sour cream does with food...but not really. It gives it this extra flavor and creaminess. Lol. So then we boarded the flight. I was just focusing on not losing my stomach or my head to the pounding. The air wasn't really working on the flight...I thought I was going to die for a little while...(on flights I have to have air blowing on my face to keep my stomach and mind at ease). And then the stinky speakers were so loud when they dinged to get your attention. The plane was so small it intensified the sound so I was dying when I got off the plane...trying not to fall over. I probably was green...A sight to see...for anyone who wanted blackmail that is.

And then we got a rental car...another mini adventure trying to figure out how I could put it on my card even though I wasn't the primary driver...that was interesting. And then we were on oour way.....to the hotel that is. It was really late. So we got to the hotel. Had another adventure trying to figure out how to hook up my computer to the cable that gave me internet there. Yikes...technically challenged right there. But we got it working. My dad played WOW (world of Warcraft). And we watched CSI and just talked. It was awesome.

The next morning we found that the power had gone off that night and so my dad was woken up with an extremely cold shower LOL!!!! Then driving for four hours commenced at 9am. It was really cool...we listened to music and talked about some things that you could only talk about on a trip like this. I wish it lasted longer.

So we finally got to Idaho Falls...went shopping at Winco. dad says he is spoiled in Cali...according to him there wasn't one good looking female lol. And that it was like all the mental institutions had let loose their patients for the day. He was like Where do these people come from?? And we wonder where morgan gets it Lol.

So we went up to the campus. Got my room number and keys... and then moved everything in. Then got the storage out of my unit and moved that in. It was hard work. I'm upstairs again. And I have alot of crap here unfortunately. So then we got my books. And then went to get some subway. We found out that my dad's mission companion couldn't put him up for the night cause he was still out of town so we got my dad a hotel and then we went to the movies. We saw the Forbidden Kingdom. It was pretty good for a kung fu movie. It so funny to hear my dad laugh. I need to record the sound one of these days. So then cause my dad was kept asking me where I was going to stay that night ( with him or in the dorm) I stayed with him in the hotel...I think he wanted one more night... so we chilled and watched movies. And then we had breakfast downstairs. Turns out one of the couples we breakfasted with was my roomie's parents. They had been worried about who their daughter was rooming with and were very happy that it was me. So I went to church while my dad stayed in the car (he had no church clothes). It was really cool. The bishopric is awesome. They gave talks on charity. I'll have to give an overview of them later. So then my dad and me got some lunch and then he dropped me off and we said goodbye. I was amazed that I was able to keep from crying til my dad was gone. Once he was gone and I was in my dorm I balled my eyes out for 5 minutes. He had said earlier that it was easier for him last time cause he wasn't the one who had to leave me here.

So now I'm here writing after a lifetime of unpacking and now I have to actually get dressed and go down to ward prayer at the guys dorms and then stadium singing. I'll tell you all what that is after I get back. So I'm off now. This semester is my chance to change for the better and shuff off all that was wrong before. So I'm going to try and make an effort to go out on dates and be social and go to all the functions....even though the person that I really want to date is in Cali....email me for details.!!!!!

LOVE TO YOU ALL,
CHELSEA BIGNEY

1 comment:

rebekahmott said...

Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea, I am glad that you had a good time with your dad. It is nice to have that time one on one the older you get the more you charish it. Who is the guy in Cali? Have fun!!! Let go and become the one person you want to be, it is all about you this semester!!